Friday, November 8, 2013

Week 4

I was shocked by what I saw this week in my aquarium. There was a lack of species diversity. the Aeolosoma sp. have completely taken over my aquarium (Ward & Whipple 1918). They are everywhere. They are at the top of the tank, the bottom of the tank, on the plants and everywhere in between. They eat all the other organisms. I only saw two other species of organisms. One was Spiro Gyra sp(Rainis and Russell 1996).. It was green, non- motile, and at the bottom of the tank. I then saw Bodo sp., which were at the top of the tank, moving around, and were not green(Rainis and Russell 1996).. The plants in the tank have also turned brown this week.


Patterson D.J. 1996. Free-Living Freshwater Protozoa


Water Source
French Broad River



Plants in Tank
Spain Lake and Fontilnals sp Moss from the Holston River

No comments:

Post a Comment